* This program is currently under review by the BCASBO Executive Committee *
The BCASBO Mentorship Program for newly appointed secretary-treasurers and assistant secretary-treasurers (or equivalent) is a one-on-one program that partners current secretary-treasurers or recently retired, BCASBO secretary-treasurers with members in the first year(s) of their assignment. This initiative is a part of the BCASBO Leadership Program.
Mentors will provide coaching, capacity building and leadership development to support members as they navigate the challenges of their new role in the K-12 education sector. The program is organized regionally with some attention to district size and the nature of the new members roles within their district.
Goals and Objectives:
- To assist new secretary treasurers and assistant secretary treasurers (or equivalent) in their development of a vision of their role.
- To share the knowledge, skills and dispositions required to be successful in the leadership roles of new BCASBO members.
- To provide participants opportunities for self-reflection and self-assessment with supportive feedback from experienced mentors.
- To assist in the participants' development of independence and self management in their roles.
- To develop contacts and establish networks to share best practice in the areas of responsibility of new members.
- To help build capacity related to decision making and working with Boards of Education as they make decisions affecting their school districts.
- To assist the participants in the understanding of the complexities, context and unique challenges of the specific school district.
To learn more about the mentorship program, please contact:
Allan Reed, Executive Director.